3. We live in Southern Utah. I mostly grew up here; Scott did not. Although, he would call this place home, and we plan on being here forever. Scott grew up in a small town (it actually just recently got its first stop light) west of Salt Lake City, Utah.
4. I love to cook, although I’m an amateur. I am not one of those people that can make up new recipes, but I’m good at following recipes and adapting them to our taste. I’ll share recipes sporadically.
5. I do love T.V., like a lot. My DVR schedule is pretty pathetic. Just ask Scott or even Lisa for that fact. But, to me, there is nothing like relaxing after a long day and watching a few shows.
6. I am not one of those (talented) people that can look at a bunch of random things and all of a sudden see an amazing craft out of it. I am more one of those people that sees an amazing idea on a blog, and then I can recreate it and make it work for myself.
7. Although it is something I complain about sometimes – I love maintaing my home! I love to know my husband will walk though the door from work to a house that looks better then when he left and that feels relaxing to him (minus the kids tackling him as he walks in of course)!!!
8. I’m tone deaf. For reals. Just ask my mom. She attempted to teach me the piano as a kid, but let’s just say, I had no hope. I do sing all the time to my kids though! We have morning songs we sing each day. MAYBE someday you’ll hear my horrible voice on here!
9. My two boys have 23 cousins. Of those 23 cousins, 18 of them live within miles of us. So, you’ll probably see a lot of their faces on here. They are my boys best friends!
10. I am super close with my mom. I generally talk to her on the phone 2+ times a day, and I see her at least twice a week. She’s my best friend.
This blog is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I wanted to create a place for people to come and get ideas to make their home a little warmer and make their children feel even more special I, by all means, don’t do this perfectly, but I strive everyday to make memories and create traditions with my family. I hope you enjoy Over the Big Moon!
Hi I’m Lisa! Proud wife to my hubby of 10 years – John and busy Mom to our three boys – Caleb (9), Davis (6), and Beckham (4).
1. I love to laugh and thankfully I married John who thinks I’m incredibly funny and witty. John is my best friend and my example to be a better person.
2. I am (and always have been) surrounded by boys. I grew up with 2 brothers and now I am out numbered 4-1 in our home. I am embracing the noise and roughness of our lives. Everything in our house is ready to be played with and all the furniture is bolted to the walls. I love being a Mom of boys!