As you are aware – Easter is coming quite early this year. I can’t believe we are just about a month away from all the Easter Egg hunts, candy and fun!!
I got thinking that this year, it would be fun to come up with a fun tradition to have the cousins do a different type of Easter Egg Hunt then we’ve done before. So, a couple days ago I started looking around at different themes and here is what I came up with. I’m gonna go over it with my oldest son and let him choose the theme this year!
1. Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt! You can buy glow in the dark easter eggs I believe, but To make it more affordable I’ve seen where people just use a Glow Bracelet and put it inside the plastic egg along with the candy and tape it shut. You’ll just want to make sure the plastic egg you are using is a lighter color or even pastel colors!
2. Treasure Egg Hunt! Create a map for the kids to follow to find all the eggs! To take it to the next level you could even get the kids an eye patch and cardboard pirate hat to wear during the egg hunt! Also, don’t forget to have a few eggs filled with chocolate gold coins (aka the treasure)!!
3. Golden Egg Twist! My SIL’s family does a hunt every year where one Golden Egg is hid with an extra great prize! In her family they do a larger amount of money, but it really could be anything. And, make sure to hide this Egg in an extra hard spot. In my families hunt, my mom always did a hunt where a random egg had the best prize in it, but a couple years we couldn’t find it and they couldn’t remember exactly where it was. So, they now use monopoly money to replace out actual dollar bills! haha
4. Bunny Bucks Egg Hunt! I thought this idea was so fun from Design Editor! Put Bunny Bucks inside the eggs and then set up a Candy and Prize table. After the hunt all the kids can come up to the table and buy what they want with their bucks. You can set the prices for the prizes all differently! You know this will be a guarantee win with your kids, plus Design Editor makes it easy for us with their amazing FREE printables!
5. Color Coded Egg Hunt! Have each egg color assigned to a specific candy or prize! That way if a child specifically wants a certain candy or prize, they can work extra hard to just get a certain color.
6. Inside Egg Hunt! What a fun way to start the day then to have the kids wake up to an Easter Egg Hunt inside their house! You can hide them all over the place and the kids can be finding them all throughout the day!
7. Easter Hunt Challenge! I saw this on Pinterest and think it is SUCH a fun idea! She even includes free printables to make it easier on all of us! I can’t wait to do this with Nathan and some of his cousins this year as an activity!
8. Easter Egg Hunt w/ Clues! I thought this was a great hunt for kids that are just a LITTLE older then mine (Lisa you should do this)! Plus it relates it back to the TRUE meaning of Easter! The Crafty Mummy even includes downloads for all the clues and some other fun suggestions!
9. Reverse Egg Hunt! Who says only kids get to have fun? Have your kids color and decorate some eggs (or stuff plastic ones) and hide the eggs for the adults! The kids will think it is so fun to see you guys searching and searching for the eggs!
10. Checklist Egg Hunt! Create a checklist of what each child should make – 1 pink egg, 2 blue, 3 yellow, 2 green, etc! Then each kid has to go around and find all the items on their list! You could make it fun by buying patterned easter eggs like Camo, Printed, Sports, or Crazy Faced! You could also have a Prize for whoever finished their list correctly first!
I hope this gives you some fun ideas this Easter Season! I know that putting together this list sure has put me in the mood to plan some fun activities! This pregnancy is starting to get a little rougher for me, so hopefully I’ll find some energy to do some with my boys!!
Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!
We may be linking this post up to THESE great Linky Parties!