Each Summer I create a “What do we do in the Summertime” jar with fun ideas for the boys and I. I started this tradition because I use to feel like the whole summer passed us by before we knew it and before we had done any of the fun things I was planning.
My goal is that the items on the list are not too hard or too difficult that we don’t get them done. We try to draw three or four a week depending on how involved they are. A few of them are repeats because they were big hits or we didn’t get to them last year. I have included our new list here with links to the ideas if they have a tutorial or printable that goes along with them. I also offer it as a printable so you can print the list off and create your own jar. All you have to do is cut the list into strips and then add them to a jar. You can take the ideas off that don’t fit your family and add in your own ideas.
1. Glow in the dark ring toss
2. Water balloon fight
3. Make glow in the dark slime
4. Nature scavenger hunt
5. Wash the car
6. Splash and Score
7. Build a fort
8. Magazine Coloring
9. Play dough
10. Squirt bottle water fight
11. Make your own board game
12. Jump on the trampoline with ice cubes
13. Flashlight tag
14. Simple Chemistry Experiment: Clean Pennies with Vinegar
15. Make tiny bow and arrows
16. Write a letter to cousins with fun items under 13 oz
17. Water Balloon target practice
18. Backwards Day – Have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, eat dessert before lunch
19. Hold a bike wash
20. Sponge Tag
21. Organize a game of Dodge Ball
22. Jelly Bean bracelets
23. Play catch
24. Make watermelon cookies
25. Plan and create a picnic for your stuffed animals
26. Golf tee water gun target practice
27. Make cookies and visit a Grandma in the neighborhood
28. Plan a lemonade stand or bake sale and donate the money to a good cause
29. Ivory Soap experiment
30. Create a Hot Wheels obstacle course
31. Visit the fire station
32. Have a paper airplane contest
33. Freezer Baggie Ice Cream
34. Pick a snack from Moms Cooking for kids Pinterest board to make
35. Pencil top mosaic stamping
36. Excavate toys out of ice
37. Lego Board Game
38. Drive in Movie Night
39. Sumo Wresting
40. Spaghetti and marshmallow creations
You can download a printable copy here:
I updated my label too and am offering that as a printable too. It comes in 8 different colors.
For even more ideas check out our lists from 2011 and 2012. We cant wait to get started!
Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!
We may be linking this post up to THESE great Linky Parties!